1521 Second Avenue
1521 Second Avenue is a 38-story, 440-foot-tall tower, linked to the famed Pike Place Market and downtown Seattle’s elite shopping, restaurant and theatre district. The tower features 143 expansive, penthouse-style homes from ground level to top floor, with floor-to-ceiling windows, providing views of Puget Sound.
EEI was hired to provide Indoor Environmental Quality and Building Commissioning services for this project. These services included providing drawings/specifications for condo mock-ups and a testing methodology to address indoor smoke control.
EEI commissioned the following building equipment and systems:
- HVAC systems, including piping, duct work, ancillary components, integrated control equipment and related sequences of operation
- Building automation control system
- Emergency generator and related fuel system
- Fire alarm/building automation system interface
- Back-of-house lighting control and emergency lighting in public areas
|Owner||The Justen Company|
|Commissioning Authority||Engineering Economics, Inc|
|Total Construction Cost||$83 Million|