Are you an experienced Project Manager in the Electrical Engineering industry with strong field experience? Looking for a new work environment where you can grow as a professional while advancing both your project management and business development skills? If so, please consider joining our team!
Engineering Economics, Inc. (EEI) is a fun, fast-paced, and experienced team and a national leader in the facility consulting industry. We are passionate about facility performance and the energy efficiency of facility systems. We are Building Systems Owner Advocates focused on MEP systems and commissioning.
At EEI, our goal is to provide the highest quality service that not only meets our client commitments, but exceeding their expectations every time. We trust our people which is why our clients trust us. This is why we need YOU on our team!
To be considered, you must be able to demonstrate:
- Your proven project management skills, including budget and time management.
- Your ability to develop client relationships that keep your clients coming back.
- Your broad technical knowledge in electrical systems and ability to “think outside the box” in finding client solutions!
What sets EEI apart as a place to grow, contribute, and enjoy professional satisfaction?
- The opportunity to learn cutting-edge technology skills
- Autonomy within a team structure
- High-profile clients who appreciate what we do
- Cooperative teams that emphasize mutual respect, trust, and accountability
- Professional development opportunities
- Hard-working colleagues who are passionate about solving problems and delivering value to our clients
- Attractive compensation packages with base compensation, bonuses, and exceptional employee benefit
The Project Manager is the primary representative of the firm, the technical project leader, and the most visible person that our client’s deal with each day. The Project Manager is responsible for providing effective leadership and management for project delivery; ensures timely and quality performance by the project team; is responsible and accountable for all facets of project performance including the engineering work and contract/financial management; effectively utilizes staff resources; serves as the point person for client contact, and ultimately delivers client satisfaction.
Based on previous relationship and new relationships gained at EEI, Project Managers are expected to build their own “client following” by delivering successful projects for our clients. The Project Manager also assists in developing new business, selling additional services to existing clients, and pursuing new project opportunities.
- PE registration
- Bachelor’s degree in applicable discipline. (May substitute experience for education.)
- Strong field experience
- Strong understanding of electrical systems, with emphasis on power generation and distribution (low and medium voltage), lighting controls, and fire alarm/security engineering.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully manage projects
- Strong communication (written and oral) skills. Strong technical writing skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products, such as SharePoint, Word, Excel, OneNote, PowerPoint, etc.
- Strong analytical, organizational and planning abilities
- Ability to work independently or as part of a diverse project team with limited supervision
- Ability to carry out written and oral instructions
- Ability to take direction from clients, management and co-workers
- Ability to prioritize workload based on deadlines
- Ability to participate in multiple concurrent projects
- Ability to travel (local and out-of-state), including multi-day travel, as needed
- Ability to work overtime hours as needed
- Ability to navigate and research on Internet
- Proficient in the use of standard office equipment
- Physical ability to perform field tasks in existing buildings and on construction sites
- Electrical systems commissioning understanding and experience
- Electrical gear knowledge and market pricing
- Electrical coordinator and arc flash study experience