The Marketing Coordinator assists the firm’s Senior Marketing Coordinator and Branch, Satellite and Project Managers in the investigation, recommendation and coordination of marketing-related projects, the creation of global marketing resources/materials and the compilation of specific marketing and presentation packages.
Tasks & Responsibilities (Regular):
• Review assigned printed and electronic publications (national and local) for RFP/RFQ/SOQ advertisements, prospective clients, and articles of interest.
• Draft and produce customized SOQs for specific marketing and proposal efforts.
• Prepare and update Federal Forms 330.
• Draft and produce handout and presentation materials (i.e., software-driven presentation programs, overheads, slides, etc.) for specific project interviews and speaking engagements.
Tasks & Responsibilities (Resource Development / Maintenance):
• Create, update and maintain standardized marketing resources/materials (i.e., SOQs, representative project descriptions, resumes, etc.).
• Obtain project photographs for use in marketing efforts.
• Coordinate with photographers for employee photographs.
• Organize and maintain online marketing resources/materials (VPN).
• Update and maintain EEI Project Database.
• Update and maintain database of media contacts in local markets and nationally.
• Draft/ update technical resumes.
Tasks & Responsibilities (Periodic Assignments):
• Assist Senior Marketing Coordinator in investigating, recommending and executing targeted marketing programs.
• Assist Senior Marketing Coordinator in investigating and coordinating trade show participation.
• Assist Senior Marketing Coordinator in coordinating and producing Request for Papers submissions.
• Aid in the identification of client prospects and collect prospect contact information.
• Create and issue press releases regarding employee information, such as new additions and newsworthy certifications/accreditations, for local and national publication.
• Help to maintain system for tracking employee licenses and certifications/registrations.
• May assist in maintaining the company website and preparing internal/external newsletters.
• Other duties as assigned.
Relationship to Employees and Clients:
The Marketing Coordinator reports directly to the Senior Marketing Coordinator, who in additional to providing supervisory responsibility will review/edit all marketing package prepared by the Marketing Coordinator prior to distribution to clients and prospects.
The Marketing Coordinator works with anyone marketing the firm’s services, and may also work
directly with clients, prospects, architects or other engineering firms in preparing marketing
Knowledge and Experience Required:
One to two years of marketing experience, ideally in the architectural/engineering consulting industry.
Proficient computer skills in the use of MS Word, Excel, Outlook and Adobe programs.
Proficient computer skills in the use of MS Word, Excel, Outlook, Adobe programs and Advance Adobe InDesign skills.
Ability to conduct Internet research.
Good analytical, organizational and planning abilities.
Good communication skills, oral and written.
Ability to work independently or as part of a project team.
Ability to carry out written and oral instructions.
Ability to take direction from clients, management and co-workers.
Ability to work with a diverse group of people.
Ability to prioritize workload based on deadlines.
Ability to participate in multiple concurrent projects.
Ability to work overtime hours as needed.
Proficient in the use of standard office equipment.
The work environment characteristics and physical demands described are representative of those an employee encounter in a normal office setting and must be met while performing the essential functions of this job.
The work environment is that of a typical office environment. The employee is regularly sitting for long periods of time, working with computers and other office equipment. The employee is frequently sitting, occasionally standing and walking, and using their hands, eyes, and voice.
The employee is occasionally required to stoop, lift, and/or move up to 10 – 25 pounds. The physical abilities must be met in order to perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodation may be requested to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation requests should be directed to the employee/applicant’s immediate supervisor/manager, corporate officer or human resources representative.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related
duties as required to meet the ongoing needs of the firm.