This project replaced a 90-year-old facility with a thirteen-story tower. Occupancy of the tower consists of medical/surgery and ICU patient rooms, a kitchen, a servery, and the main entry lobby. The tower opened in 2019 and has all-private rooms with user-friendly technology for patients.
- New penthouse central plant serves the tower and has boilers and chillers
- Air handlers sit on the roof of the new tower as well as the basement
- Existing central plant feeds normal and emergency power via medium voltage service entrance switchgear
- The new tower feeds all MEP services
- The renovations generally use the pre-existing MEP services