St. Mary-Corwin opened a new bed tower that replaced the space occupied for many years in older sections of the campus, most of which were designed and built in the 50’s and 60’s. The older facility, coupled with an aging central plant, lead to a campus-wide assessment and master plan to determine how best to redevelop the existing facilities to better blend the functionality of the old with the new.
EEI was engaged to provide an assessment of the central plant and the existing hospital buildings. The plant was initially built in 1956 and had only minor upgrades since that time. A complete plant renovation, coupled with complementary changes and renovations to the hospital building systems to modernize and upgrade to existing hospital standards, was completed in 2008. This engineering feasibility study was done in conjunction with an overall campus assessment and master plan.